Saturday, May 2, 2009

XPE has landed

A new model of LED's came out probably about 6 months ago now, and I was slow to make the move as I was so happy with my current versions. Well ODTexas showed me the light literally with his set up so I made the plunge. These suckers are small. I can fit 4 in the same housing size as the old LED's. AND I just found out yesterday that they have a new version coming out Q3 that is 55% more efficient and something like 3 times as bright so we are talking in the neighbor hood of 1300 lumens from something this size with about the same run time once they are available.

Another bonus to these is that you can have individual optics for each LED. This particular one has two elliptical and two spots. Makes it pretty cool! Here is the prototype model.

Quad front

Quad front

Quad bottom

Quad front

Quad side

This is designed to be a bar mount so I made it with a lot of spread. But if you wanted a spot, this baby can have it in spades.

4XPE by it's lonesome on high.

Photobucket

Here is what it looks like on high with a 500l spot.
Photobucket

And for crazy bright with the Darkstar and the 4XPE both on high.
Photobucket

* The wall is about a 135 - 140 feet away and the trees in the back are about 200 or so feet away.

No comments:

Post a Comment